Part-Time Reference/Research Librarian (Temporary), Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies
The School of Continuing Studies is a dynamic enterprise with a widely distributed student body coming from broadly varied backgrounds. Faculty members are experts and practitioners in their fields. Students are sophisticated professionals with many demands on their time. Both constituencies expect highly efficient, responsive, and polished delivery of library services. Represented subject areas include (but are not limited to) the following: marketing & communications; urban & regional planning; real estate; business & management; analytics, technology, & security; and liberal studies.
- Answering reference questions posed by students, faculty, and other library users in person, by phone, e-mail, and virtually
- Conducting personalized in-depth research consultations (30-50 minutes on average) for writers of dissertations, capstones, theses, major papers, or term projects, both in person and online via Zoom
- Determining patron’s research needs and identifying and locating appropriate online and print information sources
- Recommending alternative approaches and as necessary directing patrons to subject specialists within or sources beyond the University Library
- Helping to update/create digital learning objects, including online research guides and instructional videos.
- M.L.S. or equivalent and demonstrated reference background in an academic, special, or research library with knowledge of research in the social sciences and business-related disciplines.
Apply online at https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Hoya_Staffing