From the ALA Chapter Relations Office:
The nomination period is now open for annual awards offered by the Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASCLA) a division of ALA! The deadline for nominations is Dec. 15, 2012.
These awards collectively represent ASCLA's diverse areas of member interest and engagement: library services to people with disabilities; the advancement of library services for the blind and physically handicapped; extension and outreach services; and consulting, state library services and library cooperatives.
- ASCLA/KLAS/NOD Award: a $1,000 award and citation given to a library organization for an innovative and well-organized project that successfully developed or expanded services for people with disabilities.
- Francis Joseph Campbell Award: honors a person or institution for outstanding and significant contributions to library services for the blind.
- Exceptional Service Award: recognizes exceptional service to patients, to persons who are homebound, to people of all ages who live in group homes or residences and to inmates, as well as to recognize professional leadership, effective interpretation of programs, pioneering activity and significant research or experimental projects.
- Leadership and Professional Achievement Award: a citation presented to one or more ASCLA members (personal or organizational) exemplifying leadership and achievement in the following areas: consulting, library cooperation, networking, statewide services and programs and state library development.
- Cathleen Bourdon Service Award: a citation presented to an ASCLA personal member for exceptional service and sustained leadership to the division