The DCLA Adaptive Services Interest Group (ASIG) will meet on Monday April 18th
at George Mason University
from 2:00pm to 4:00pm
at the Aquia Building Room 238 MSN:6A11 at the Fairfax Campus of George Mason University.
american sign language (asl) interpretation provided.
directions to fairfax campus (4400 university dr.) from the capital beltway
(i-495) take exit 54a, braddock road west (route 620). follow braddock road west for approximately six miles.* pass the first entrance to the university and turn right at the stop light at roanoke river road. bear right at the fork in the road. take your first left onto mason pond drive; parking is available in the mason pond parking deck, the last building on the right. an information kiosk
is located outside the third level of the deck to help you navigate the campus.
below there are 3 links with information related to parking and rates, travel to the fairfax campus, and a map of the fairfax campus. please review:
1. map of fairfax campus with highlighted parking areas (http://parking.gmu.edu/pdf%20files/gmuparkingmap10.pdf
) - the best locations to park for access to the aquia building (#2) are in the lot adjacent to the Finley building (#23), in the Mason Pond Parking deck (#40), or in the Rappahannock River Parking Deck (#41). The CUE and shuttle bus stops are located between University Hall
(#59) and the Rappahannock River Parking Deck.
2. Parking Rates (http://parking.gmu.edu/visitorsparkingrates.html
3. Directions to and from GMU Fairfax campus from all routes (http://www.gmu.edu/resources/welcome/Directions-to-GMU.html
) - The links on the page will take you to specific directions on how to get to campus from any direction. For those taking the Metro, there are also directions on how to access the campus from the Vienna Metro station.
Meeting location is Room 238 in the Aquia building.
* Korey Singleton will provide a run down and walk through of George Mason's Adaptive Technology
* Lester Lichter & Kamran Rasul will present on "AudioNotes" workshop they attended.
* Patrick Timony will share his 2011 CSUN (AT conference) venture. What did he learn from it? What can he share with us?
* What future does iPad/Slate/Tablets/E-readers have for Adaptive Technology. Please bring any demos to share.
* If anyone wishing to present and/or share something, please email me and I will add you to the agenda.
* General discussion and closure.