The DCLA Board is seeking volunteers for a Finance Committee to help the Board achieve key strategies in our 2012-2014 Strategic Plan. The Finance Committee will assist the Treasurer in monitoring the financial state of the Association and will advise on future financial strategies and policies.
Objectives for the 2013-14 year will include the following:
- Research and implement a new investment plan for the Association
- Refresh the DCLA bookkeeping workflow
- Review and update the Association's financial policies (DC non-profit status, tax filing, annual dues structure, etc.) and update the DCLA finances handbook
- Make recommendations for the annual budget
- Consider requests for funding from committees, interest groups, and program organizers
A position on this committee would require a commitment of a few hours per month for both assigned individual tasks and group meetings.
Your participation will serve a vital role in maintaining the continued vitality of our great Association. To contribute your skills and energy, please contact Treasurer Roman Santillan at firstname.lastname@example.org or President Jacqueline Protka at email@example.com.