Graduate-level Summer Intern 2022-Federal Reserve Board Research Library
The Research Library (RL) is offering a paid summer internship for graduate-level library or information science students. We offer a full array of desktop and customized library services to staff members at the Board and assist in data intensive and web-dependent Board Research.
The RL intern will help improve library services to the Board research and professional community. The intern will work on several of the following projects that represent a variety of the library's responsibilities.
Data Catalog and Sierra Catalog Enrichment
• Assist with cataloging of data sets using international and local standards and practices, potentially including stakeholder interviews; work may include subject analysis, metadata normalization, and researching and populating content.
• Aid in clean up of metadata for various purposes. Analysis of content to link data assets to research in our research repository.
• Apply Board Subject Taxonomy terms to records in the Sierra catalog. Assist with data migration and quality checks between systems.
Scholarly Research and Communications
• Enhance and maintain metadata for DOIs through Crossref. Examine the utility of altmetrics and possibly implement in our repository and author citation reports. Examine the utility of expanded use of researcher IDs and possibly implement.
Taxonomy Standardization and Enhancement
• Review scope notes to standardize formats; employ taxonomy and authority control to support interoperability; process and analyze DataFinder and Sierra search logs for controlled subject vocabulary term enrichment.
• Research and report out on several topics that support our library’s strategic plan (precise topics TBD, but they will likely relate to issues in scholarly communications, research data, and broader library issues).
• Assist Marketing Team with implementing new library marketing plan and campaigns.
Improvements to Technologies and Processes Related to Library’s Strategic Plan
• Examples of work include: aid in roll out of new library website and discovery layer; development of improved Bank and Broker Newsletter functionality; work with Infrastructure Team to modernize documentation.
• Enrolled in a Master’s degree program in library or information science at an ALA-accredited institution (MLS), graduating fall 2022 or later.
• Knowledge and interest in library technology
• A minimum of 15-20 credits in foundational library science coursework
• Attention to detail, initiative, and good communication skills a must
Attach to your profile before submission:
1. cover letter
3. undergraduate & graduate unofficial transcripts
• US Citizenship is required
• This internship will either be on-site in Washington, D.C. or completed virtually, depending on agency operating status.
Apply online: https://frbog.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=22656.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or application, membership, or service in the uniformed services.