Director of the Division of Library Services, The National Institutes of Health (NIH)
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is searching for the next Director of the Division of Library Services (DLS).The position is located in Bethesda, Maryland and is telework eligible.
This position serves as the Director of the Division of Library Services (DLS) and exercises responsibility for leading, managing, and overseeing all aspects of DLS programs and services. The DLS supports the information needs of the research, clinical and administrative staff of NIH and several other Operating Divisions (OPDIVs) within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) on a cost recovery basis. The NIH library's virtual and physical presence is the focal point for the exchange of biomedical information vital to supporting research and clinical activities conducted at the NIH.
• Exercises full technical responsibility for the planning, establishment, organization, development, coordination, and direction of an extensive biomedical library to support continually expanding research programs.
• Coordinates library services with scientific information and communication programs conducted by other segments of HHS, other government agencies, scientific organizations and universities.
• Manages and ensures the effective use of the resources of the DLS, and sets priorities and future direction for library services and collections.
• Organizes and directs studies and demonstrations designed to explore various avenues of scientific communication and the dissemination of medical research findings.
• Plans and implements staff development programs to assure employees have the knowledge, skills and abilities to meet the ever-changing information needs of NIH and HHS staff.
For more information before the vacancy opens please see the agency job opportunity page here: https://ors.od.nih.gov/ser/dp/about/Pages/employment.aspx. Interested candidates may reach out to Amanda J. Wilson, search committee chair, to learn more about the position and the NIH environment. She may be reached via email at ScientificResourceClusterRecruitment@mail.nih.gov, Monday – Friday through September 16, 2022. Please allow up to 1 business day for response.
For detailed information and how to apply:
Merit Promotion: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/675158900
*includes Career transition, individuals with disabilities, land & base management, military spouses, Peace Corps & AmeriCorps Vista, Veterans, and other special hiring authorities
Vacancy Opens: Friday, September 9, 2022
Vacancy Closes: Sunday, September 18, 2022