China Studies Librarian, George Washington University Libraries
The China Studies librarian is responsible for collaboratively developing, planning, and managing the services and collections of the China Documentation Center and Taiwan Resource Center in collaboration with colleagues in Research & User Services, the Global Resources Center, and others.
The librarian will:
- Engage in outreach to faculty, students and researchers focused on China; develop associated programming; and develop, evaluate, and manage strong interdisciplinary collections and specialized services in support of the University’s evolving research mission.
- Acquire resources in Chinese, English, and other languages relevant to the study of the region.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Content Management to coordinate processing of research materials to ensure discoverability.
- Provide on-site and remote research services and participate in instruction activities, especially those related to China Studies and/or English for Academic Purposes.
- In collaboration with colleagues in Research & User Services, the Global Resources Center and others, support the research and learning activities of the GW community.
- Facilitate connections with external researchers, donors, and international partners.
- Collaborate with others to select resources across disciplines.
- Contribute to the broader professional community by sharing knowledge in scholarly/professional venues and through service to the University and the profession.
Apply online here: https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/98288