Supervisory Librarian (Branch Chief) (1 vacancy, GS-1410-14)
If you have experience leading information services and instruction in a clinical or biomedical research setting and want to play a significant role in an essential, future-focused organization, then consider joining the NIH Library team.
• Oversee and supervise the Educational Services Branch functions including policies, procedures, goal setting, priorities, and strategic planning
• Serve as a member of the Library’s Leadership Team, championing a culture of inclusion
• Plan, direct, and evaluate the work of biomedical librarians and other specialists in the Branch
• Manage outreach and other scientific and medical information consulting activities
• Ensure delivery of dynamic instructional programming that includes information management education and end user training
• Direct evidence synthesis services, including systematic reviews
• Promote library services and resources by meeting with key contacts across the NIH to raise awareness of the NIH Library’s services and resources
For more information on the NIH Library, visit https://www.nihlibrary.nih.gov/ and view this Introduction to the NIH Library.
Potential applicants can reach out to Nancy Muir, Director, NIH Library at Nancy.Muir@nih.gov to clarify application procedures and position duties.
As part of the application process, it may be necessary to upload copies of degree transcripts. We also encourage you to set up email notifications for future opportunity announcements. Please visit the USAJOBS.gov Help Center at https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/faq/ for more information.
The NIH is dedicated to building a diverse community in its training and employment programs. DHHS and NIH are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Applicants who are members of the public:
Announcement number: NIH-ORS-MP-23-11956801
Applicants who are already federal employees or who are otherwise eligible as a status applicant, or through an OPM interchange agreement:
Announcement Number: NIH-ORS-DE-23-11956433
posting period June 2 – June 12, 2023.