Deputy Program Manager, LAC Group
LAC Group seeks a Deputy Program Manager (DPM) for a federal agency located in Alexandria, VA. This is a full-time (40 hours a week; Monday-Friday) benefited contract position. The DPM will provide direction and oversight of a multi-functional service contract. He/she will exercises independent judgment and analytical skills in solving complex and unusual managerial and technical problems. The DPM will provide management and technical direction of the program and provides internal planning, guidance, and management structure for tracking the accomplishment of work assigned. Assists Program Manager (PM) with contract level projects.
- Provides direction and oversight to working supervisors, team leaders or staff in other types of leadership positions. Organize, directs and coordinates planning and production.
- Oversees tasks, projects or task orders that vary in size and complexity, with staff ranging from only a few to 30 or more employees. Ensures maximum effectiveness in the use of resources
- Provides innovative management solutions to the client. Leads or assists with all activities related to staffing such as recruitment, orientation, training, staff production, counseling, remediation, evaluations and performance appraisals, and voluntary or involuntary separation
- Assists PM in providing innovative management solutions to the client. Contributes to new initiatives or projects, for example, contributes to formal training initiatives for new examiners. Assists PM with the development of plans to address workload spikes
- Provides input for reports and for other deliverables
- Works with the client on the evolution of performance standards for a wide variety of activities including information or technical research, library services, instructional design and records management.
- Provides support for marketing and outreach activities and for informal and formal events with client and staff
- Meets routinely with the Government and contract staff. Preparation for, attendance at, and follow-up for these meetings may absorb as much as 50% of the average week. Assists the PM with confirming that new projects or initiatives fall with-in LOE (level of effort).
- Communicates client expectations to contract staff
- 4-year degree and Masters in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution
- Minimum of 7 years in a government contracting environment
- 3 years of management or leadership experience
- Experienced information provider with expertise using large commercial database systems (Dialog or CAS STN) and experience in providing prior art for patents or has other technical database searching experience