Web Services and Discovery Manager- American University Library
The Web Services and Discovery Manager is responsible for the Library’s website and integrated web services, discovery service (Primo VE) and the user experience. The incumbent will implement, customize, and integrate web applications for the Library website. Develop or support applications to optimize discoverability of third-party research content. Develop systematic processes for website usability testing. Works closely with campus partners and stakeholders to ensure that the design, delivery, and operation of web services are optimal and in support of the needs of American University Library. Ensures website is responsive and accessible.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• 5 years’ experience of progressively responsible experience including building or designing solutions for web based technology, working with cross functional teams, participating in project development, and leading progressively complex projects.
• 3 years’ experience managing a library discovery service (Primo or Primo VE preferred)
• Experience developing user-centered applications integrating RESTful API’s
• Experience with project lifecycles, source code management, and code reviews
• Knowledge of current best practices in user experience and usability, accessibility, and Section 508 compliance
• Experience with databases, preferably Oracle and MS SQL Server or similar experience with usability testing
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to demonstrate past success working with multiple stakeholders in ways that were both inclusive and data-driven.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Master's degree or equivalent
• 5-8 years of relevant experience
• Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, CommonSpot, a Content Management System by Paper Thin, experience developing APIs.