Data Curation Librarian-Advanced Information Management (AIM)
An international advisory service firm in Washington, DC is searching for a full-time direct hire entry-level to senior-level Data Curation Librarian to collect, identify, vet, process, clean, analyze, document and preserve and archive datasets. The Data Curation Librarian manages the process of cleaning, documenting, archiving, and releasing datasets from the point of submission to their publication on the Data Development Library platform.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Evaluate data submissions for potential value, utility, and quality and to make determinations about their suitability for acquisition and curation;
• Check data for completeness and correctness, flagging any direct or indirect identifiers to respondents and working with the data submitter to resolve issues;
• Create an archival version of the dataset for preservation;
• Develop dissemination versions of datasets for various audiences including staff, partner organizations, and the general public;
• Track datasets through the privacy and security review process, coordinating with project statisticians who perform a security assessment on datasets;
• Maintain project database, recording curation actions taken with each dataset;
• Assess metadata quality; coordinating metadata enhancement; and performing remediation to facilitate better discovery;
• Manage permissions for those who seek to make a submission to the data repository;
• Manage, maintain, and track the provenance of digital objects and associated documentation in long-term preservation environments;
• Assist in the development and implementation of best practices, procedures, workflows, and tools for the repository.
MLIS degree is preferred, but at a minimum, at least two years of data science work experience is required. Candidate must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for the required U.S. government security clearance to work for this project.
Please send your resume to email@example.com for consideration. Referrals are welcome.