Collection Specialist- Ruth Enlow Library’s Main Library, Oakland, MD
Collection Specialist – 40 hours per week with benefits at the Ruth Enlow Library’s Main Library in Oakland. Starting pay is $17.00/hr.
SUMMARY – Orders Library materials, maintains collection and coordinates the library system’s cataloging and processing.
· Oversees collection development for the Ruth Enlow Library system.
· Selects materials for the system based on the Library’s Collection Development policy.
· Examines and selects materials to be discarded, repaired or replaced.
· Processes all incoming library materials
· Develops and documents cataloging procedures
· Processes withdrawals and transfers of Library materials
· Other duties as assigned or required.
· Integrity and conscientious character
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to remain calm under pressure.
· Ability to maintain current knowledge and skills via ongoing training.
· Broad and current knowledge of literature
· Strong teamwork skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Computer experience required.
· Some college required, bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred.
· Familiarity with Dewey Decimal System required.
· Cataloging experience strongly preferred.
Applications are available at all public libraries in Garrett County. Deadline for applications and resumes is July 24, 2020.